rolex,u boat,corum,fake rolex for sale,longines,jaeger lecoultre,rolex gmt master,rolex replica watches,franck muller,cartier,emporio armani,chopard,replica rolex,rolex prince,breguet,panerai,rolex masterpiece,piaget
Comfort & solitude to rejuvenate the heart.
Call Us: 402-869-2230
History
History of the Convent House Bed & Breakfast
In 1932, a new Catholic school was rebuilt after fire destroyed the original building. The new building featured a beautiful attached convent that four Benedictine Sisters from Atchison, Kansas, called home until a shortage of sisters cause the school to close in 1970.

For many years the convent stood vacant or was rented to various families. In 1993, an energetic and committed group of volunteers from St. Anthony’s church recognized the potential of the building and organized an ambitious fundraising effort to bring the convent back to life.

That thoughtful and loving renovation project resulted in an extraordinary place of rest and retreat where guests are pampered with old world hospitality.

The Convent House is a Member of the Nebraska Association of Bed & Breakfast (NABB) and the Southeast Nebraska Tourism Council. Proceeds from the Convent House benefit St. Anthony’s parish.


History of Steinauer, Nebraska
Warnings to avoid "bloody Kansas" prompted the Steinauer brothers, Anton, Nicholas, and Joseph, to settle in Pawnee County, Nebraska. They arrived in September of 1856, only two years after the creation of Nebraska Territory. Famine and depression had forced them to leave their native Switzerland in 1852.

Although the brothers were among the first to claim land in this area, other immigrants of Swiss, German, Austrian, and Bohemian descent soon settled nearby. Nebraska City became the chief social and trading center. Indians, including the Oto, hunted and trapped in the region.

Turkey Creek and Linden were early popular designations for the site which became the Steinauer post office in 1874. After the Chicago, Rock Island, and Pacific Railways reached Steinauer in 1887, the village grew steadily and incorporation followed in March 1893. With railroad development, St. Joseph, Missouri became the chief urban market for the agricultural products of Steinauer and the surrounding area.

By 1910, the village's peak population of 248 had been achieved. Over the years, the pronunciation of the name evolved to "Steener,” although the original spelling has been retained. Today, Steinauer is a quiet community that remains rooted in the history and traditions of its pioneer settlers.

~ Courtesy of Nebraska Historical Society

To learn more about the history of Steinauer and view historical photos, visit the Steinauer.us website.